TERMS OF WEBSITE USE
OTHER APPLICABLE TERMS
When you make a booking via our site, our Booking Terms will apply to that booking.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
The site is operated by Edward Biggs, trading as The Hop Garden. Company registered in England and Wales under the name of Edward Biggs t/a The Hop Garden and the registered address is; Tintern, Monmouthshire, NP16 7NX.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
ACCESSING OUR SITE
Unless otherwise stated for particular content and/or functionality, our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content or functionality on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
USER ACCOUNTS & PASSWORDS
Accounts for guests, which enables visitors of our sites to mark listings as favourites, make bookings, submit feedback, and access other functionality available from time to time (“Guests”).
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party. If you use a social media login function, you must keep your social media account details confidential and must not allow any third party to access or use your social media account.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide any relevant details.
CHANGES TO OUR SITE
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. We will always do our best to keep things up to date. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of page(s) on our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
NO RELIANCE ON INFORMATION
The content for the third parties advertised on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
In particular, we are not responsible for any information provided by third parties relating to “Things To See or Do”, whether on this site, via another medium, or in communications with you.
UPLOADING CONTENT TO OUR SITE
Our site may enable you to upload, submit to us and/or share text, images, photographs, data, weblinks, opinions, and/or other materials (Content).
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload or submit Content, you must comply with our acceptable use & content standards (see section below).
You warrant that any contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any Content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your Content, but you are required to grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide licence (including the right to sub-licence) to use, store, copy, modify and adapt that Content and to distribute and make it available to third parties.
You warrant and represent that we also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who you ask us to contact on your behalf or who is claiming that any Content posted or uploaded by you constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the Content or accuracy of any Content posted by you or any other user of our site.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site for any reason whatsoever including if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the acceptable use & content standards set out below.
The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
ACCEPTABLE USE & CONTENT STANDARDS
a. Prohibited uses
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards (set out below);
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use;
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
– any part of our site;
– any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
– any software used in the provision of our site; or
– any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
b. Content standards
These content standards apply to any and all Content which you contribute to our site or submit to us.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards.
- be accurate (where they state facts).
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- promote sexually explicit material.
- promote violence.
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- infringe any copyright, database right or trademark of any other person.
- be likely to deceive any person.
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- promote any illegal activity.
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
c. Contacting Us
For the avoidance of doubt, our acceptable use & content standard apply to correspondence submitted via or as a result of the use of our site, including communications between The Hop Garden and Guests. You can contact us any time on our site.
d. Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of our acceptable use & content standard through your use of our site. When a breach has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- issue of a warning to you.
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- further legal action against you.
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
THIRD PARTY RESOURCES AND LINKS IN OUR SITE
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
We may also provide information about third party products and services, as well as the opportunity to purchase such products and services. In the event that you choose to do so, you will be taken to the relevant third party’s website in order to complete your purchase. The third party provider will have its own terms & conditions which you should read prior to using their site, or purchasing any products or services.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990.
We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them.
LINKING TO OUR SITE
You may link to our site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
Our site must not be framed on any other site.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out above.
USER DATA REMOVAL
You have the right to request the deletion of your user account by contacting us at email@example.com
CONTENT REMOVAL PROCESS
If you become aware of any Content which you believe may violate these Terms, is defamatory, offensive, illegal, or invades your privacy, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org with details.
We will review the Content in question and determine whether it should be removed. As ‘innocent disseminators’ of the Content on this site, our policy is to remove Content only when there is a clear legal obligation for us to do so.
We will notify you of our decision as soon as reasonably practicable. If you disagree with our judgement on the removal of Content and still wish it to be removed, we ask that you follow the requirements of the Pre-Action Protocol for Defamation. It is advisable to seek legal guidance on this if necessary.
LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
Please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked to from our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
We cannot be liable for any attempt made to scam or defraud any user of our site by any third party. You are responsible for satisfying yourself as to the identity and trustworthiness of any person who contacts you in connection with your use of our site and related services.
To contact us, please email email@example.com
Thank you for visiting our site.